The International SOS Foundation is dedicated to improving the health, safety and security of mobile workers around the world. Started with a grant from International SOS in 2011, it is an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
The Foundation has five goals:
- Study and research: better understand the health, safety and security risks linked to global mobility.
- Educate: provide information to workers and contractors, employers and governments on health and security risks.
- Strengthen corporate social responsibility in areas in proximity to worksites.
- Develop an international instrument for health and security risk mitigation.
- Disseminate information on risks to health and security in a variety of formats.
Key activities of the Foundation include research and education on topics concerning Duty of Care, travel risk mitigation and work health.