Now delivered virtually, the International SOS Foundation has designed the world’s only IOSH certified Duty of Care Training programme entitled, Safety, Health and Security for the Mobile Worker.
The training courses provide occupational safety and health practitioners with the knowledge and skills necessary to actively participate in the management of safe, healthy and secure travel for their workforce. These activities include reviewing risk assessments, developing and implementing briefings, building organisational directives, participating as a member of an organisation’s incident management team and action planning.
Who should attend?
Occupational safety and health practitioners, travel managers, occupational health doctors, security experts, risk managers, or others with equivalent experience in managing safety, health and security.
Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- The role and responsibilities of the occupational safety and health practitioner in managing safety, health and security for the mobile worker.
- Understanding safety, health and security risks.
- Designing and implementing briefings.
- Incidents and building an organisation’s resilience.
- The occupational safety and health practitioner role as a member of the incident management team.
- The interface of the external assistance provider.
- Simulation exercise on an incident.
A suitably qualified person, approved by IOSH and the International SOS Foundation should deliver or supervise the course and will normally meet the following criteria:
- A senior safety and health practitioner (such as CMIOSH, RSP or FIOSH, RSP)
or an occupational doctor or a security specialist.
- A Member of IOSH at the Technical Level.
- Having successfully completed the Safety, Health and Security for the Mobile Worker
course and the Safety, Health and Security for the Mobile Worker train-the-trainer course.
- Having been observed and evaluated by the lead trainer conducting the Safety, Health
and Security for the Mobile Worker course.
*Certification for the principle course includes a post-course practical assignment.
The training will take place in a live, virtual classroom where the trainers will guide participants through the subject in an interactive learning format. Participants will acquire the skills through simulation exercises, discussions, and break out sessions for networking. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions and discuss their real-life examples so that they can apply learnings in their work immediately after the training.